Like many industries, foodservice is full of acronyms: NRA, NAFEM, MAFSI, CPMR — just to name a few. Some of these acronyms represent designations earned by individuals to represent their knowledge of and commitment to the foodservice industry.
CFSP, or Certified Foodservice Professional, is the most important industry certification for foodservice professionals. Established by the North American Association of Food Equipment Manufacturers (NAFEM), the objectives of this globally recognized program are to:
- raise the professional standards and quality of the foodservice industry
- encourage continuing educational development among foodservice professionals
- foster self-assessment by offering guidelines for achievement in the foodservice industry
- award special recognition to those foodservice professionals who have demonstrated high levels of competence and ethics
The certification requires course sessions that cover all facets of the foodservice industry — from food safety and equipment to facility design and distribution channels — followed by an exam to measure comprehension.
Once earned, the individual must pay dues and participate in point-earning activities each year to maintain their certification. These activities include: attending foodservice industry trade shows, participating in continuing education courses, writing articles, serving as a speaker or instructor and earning industry honors.
Nine Antunes team members currently hold the CFSP designation:
- Glenn R. Bullock, CEO
- Tom Krisch, EVP, Sales & Marketing
- Daniel Schmidt, Director of Sales
- Tony Vassos, Director, Product Management & Marketing
- Joe Carone, Director, Technical Service
- Jorge A. Gonzalez, International Sales Manager
- Pete Hope, National Account Manager
- John Howard, Business Development Manager
- Ryan Bicking, Marketing Communications Manager
In addition to its impact on these individuals’ professional growth, their CFSP certification benefits Antunes as a company — which in turn, benefits our customers and partners. Both internally and externally, CFSP demonstrates:
- greater insight into industry trends and happenings
- a commitment to foodservice industry leadership and continued learning
- an expanded view of all aspects of a foodservice operation and the associated best practices
- better understanding of the needs of our customers and the role Antunes can play in helping them achieve their overarching operational goals
Antunes’ CFSPs will be present at NAFEM 2017, booth 1868 — come speak with them about your operational challenges, and you’ll find a credible industry expert ready to assist you.
To learn more about CFSP certification, visit this website.